The Center for Educational Development and Research (CEDaR) is located in Room 340 on the 3rd floor of the Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education (JRCoE) in Collings Hall. Our mission is to support the research initiatives of the JRCoE academic community and promote education through interdisciplinary collaboration in practice and policy.
- CEDaR offers space within our office. We have two large tables for groups or individuals for conversations, consultations, and collaborations on research and writing projects.
- Video conferencing equipment for use within this space.
CEDaR hours are from 10am to 6pm Monday through Thursday and from 12 to 4pm on Friday. *
* CEDaR has been virtual since March 2020 will continue providing support both virtual/in-person in Fall 2021.
- Email CEDaR → email@example.com *
- Call CEDaR → (405) 325-3655
- Walk-ins welcome- Stop by at CEDaR in Room #340 of Collings Hall (M-Th, 10am-6pm, and F, 12-4pm)
- Use the link below to complete a Service Request Form:
- CEDaR will receive email notifications of the requests and communicate with you to set up consultations to address the needs and provide support as required/requested. *
* CEDaR responds back to emails within 24 hours, with the exception of weekends and holidays.
- CEDaR is committed to supporting the JRCoE academic community.
- CEDaR is open for collaborations with other colleges and departments within our university and beyond.
- CEDaR prints posters for conference/class presentations.
- CEDaR research team is available for consultation on poster presentations.
- CEDaR aspires to collaborate with the Bizzell Library research team to offer workshop on conference poster presentation.
- Engage in conversation with fellow graduate students via CANVAS, “CEDaR Grad Students, Research Collaborations.”
- Set up a consultation with CEDaR staff by completing a Service Request Form.
- Engage in conversation with fellow graduate students via CANVAS “CEDaR Grad Students, Research Collaborations.”
- While CEDaR does offer recorders and transcription pedal checkouts, the center does not currently offer transcription services*.
- We hope to provide JRCoE graduate students and faculty access to transcription software in the future. Please check out our Services page for future updates.
* Transcription Policy: For the transcription process and CEDaR’s involvement, we are happy to provide consultation services, such as providing third-party transcription service recommendations, transforming audio files to acceptable workable formats (i.e. transforming the file from .aiff/.wav/.dss to .mp4/.mp3), and consulting on the upload process. Additionally, we are willing to act as an intermediary between the primary investigator(s) and the third-party transcription service of their choice, but in that event, we will require financial information and copies of transcription data.
If sections of a manuscript are drafted, co-authorship is requested. Please note, drafting of a manuscript includes writing new ideas or sections beyond editing services. To save time on projects, we would prefer to meet about design or data analysis, rather than write up explanations. If data analysis is completed for a manuscript, an acknowledgement is appreciated. We would love to start new projects at the idea development stage with students and faculty as a co-author.
- Complete the Service Request Form. CEDaR staff will contact you within 24 hours by the next business day. *
- Two different poster templates are available within the Service Request Form.
- CEDaR staffs are happy to offer an extra pair of eyes on content, quality, and technical aspects of posters, but our staff will not serve as final copy editors.
- CEDaR has resumed poster printing service since Summer 2021 after a pause from March 2020 thru Spring 2021 due to the pandemic.
- Since Fall 2020, CEDaR has discontinued offering academic editing, proofreading, and formatting to JRCoE faculty and graduate students on their manuscripts including academic article, Master’s Thesis, and Dissertation.
- Despite the discontinuation, CEDaR, acknowledging the needs of both JRCoE faculty and graduate students, will continue presenting the resources (Check out RESOURCES Page) on currently updated Writing Style Guides and services offered by OU Writing Center and Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE).